Page Title
Real Estate
Do I need an attorney to handle my real estate settlement?
In Delaware, it is required by law that a Delaware licensed attorney handle all real estate settlements. The choice of which attorney to hire is up to the buyer.
Do I need title insurance when I purchase property?
Title insurance protects the buyer against any title defects that may arise in connection with the property. Most lenders will require title insurance on a property.
Do I need a Will?
Wills are valuable in insuring that your assets are distributed to persons you wish to receive them. They are also instrumental in protecting minor children by naming possible guardians of their person and trustees of their inherited property.
What happens if you die without a will?
If you die without a will, your estate is considered to be intestate and is subject to division between the decedent’s spouse and other surviving heirs according to Delaware’s intestate succession laws.